It’s been over a week since the initial announcement of the inaugural Storytime Underground Book Club. For those of you who may have missed the post, or those who may have bookmarked it for later but gotten distracted (happens to me all the time…), I wanted to post a reminder that you–yes YOU!–can participate in this great upcoming discussion.
- Interested participants will read A Child’s Work: The Importance of Fantasy Play by Vivian Gussin Paley.
- A live discussion will take place via Google+ Hangout on Thursday, September 5, 2013, at 9 p.m. EST
- Since Google+ Hangouts are limited to 10 simultaneous participants, there will be a lottery for participation. 9 people will be chosen, with the 10th person being a Storytime Underground administrator/discussion facilitator. update: I (Amy) will be the facilitator for A Child’s Work
- If you are available during the time of the live discussion, have Google+ Hangout capabilities, and are interested in entering the lottery to participate, enter here.
- Live discussion participants will be announced one week prior to the live discussion.
- The day after the live discussion, the recorded Google+ Hangout will be posted on the blog for enjoyment of everyone who has read the book or is interested in the topic.
- Discussion about the book will continue asynchronously in the comments of the Google+ Hangout post, on Facebook, and on Twitter #sucogsci
Make plans to join us in this discussion, whether you do so in the live Google+ Hangout or asynchronously via social media.