Each week, we will post a Sunday Storytime Challenge. The goal is to encourage the SU community to try new things and share out those adventures. Challenges will vary widely and can include craftiness, elevator speeches, networking, professional development and beyond!
So here is challenge #6!
Don’t know where to start?
This challenge was inspired by a question fellow joint chief and smart lady Kendra Jones posed at a recent workshop: How would you feel if you arrived at the airport and there were no signs, no rules, and no directional markers?
Now use this same questioning from the perspective of a brand new Storytime attendee.
- Do they know where to go when they enter the library on Storytime day?
- How do you communicate your Storytime rules?
- Do you introduce yourself at the start of each Storytime?
Take some time to think about how you welcome every member of your Storytime crowd. What could you adjust to make this experience more accommodating, clear, and exciting?
Now that you have a place to start, get out there and do some serious contemplating! Then make sure to come back and share with us your process. There are so many ways you can share:
- Simply comment to this post!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet it out using #storytimechallenge
- Do you have a kick-ass blog? Share your challenge story there and send us the link!
There is no concrete timeline for you to complete the weekly challenges and they will always remain open. We will compile challenge responses into a big roundup post every month-ish so if you want your awesomeness shared, get it to us in a timely manner.
We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish!