Each week, we will post a Sunday Storytime Challenge. The goal is to encourage the SU community to try new things and share out those adventures. Challenges will vary widely and can include craftiness, elevator speeches, networking, professional development and beyond!
So here is challenge #8!
No idea how to start? Don’t worry, I am in the same boat as you!
This week’s challenge was inspired by the fantastic resource: Zero to Three. If they are not already a part of your frequently used tools, check them out this very second.
I have used this site mostly for brain development information, but was recently pushed towards the page regarding social-emotional development. I had a few caregivers ask questions like:
- My child seems very shy in certain situations, how can I build their confidence?
- Toddler Tommy steals other kid’s eggs during Storytime, can I teach him self-control?
- Ms. Julie, my kid gets anxious when the other kids aren’t following rules! Help?!?
I simply did not have much in my back pocket to offer them! Once I found the information, I wanted to work on some literacy tips and activities to share out in Storytime this week. I challenge you to do the same!
So, peruse the many Zero to Three guides on the subject and start thinking abut how you can share these tips with your Storytime crowd.
Now that you have a place to start, get out there and make it happen! Then make sure to come back and share with us your process. There are so many ways you can share:
- Simply comment to this post!
- Email us at email@example.com
- Tweet it out using #storytimechallenge
- Do you have a kick-ass blog? Share your challenge story there and send us the link!
There is no concrete timeline for you to complete the weekly challenges and they will always remain open. We will compile challenge responses into a big roundup post every once in blue moon so if you want your awesomeness shared, get it to us in a timely manner.
We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish!