Every other week, we will post a Sunday Storytime Challenge. The goal is to encourage the SU community to try new things and share out those adventures. Challenges will vary widely and can include craftiness, elevator speeches, networking, professional development and beyond!
So here is this week’s challenge!
Connecting with the community is major. That should be obvious to you. Partnerships can be hard (I hate talking on the phone), but are crucial to reaching underserved populations, promoting the library, and building a network. Possible connections may include:
- Local schools and daycare centers
- Groups like Parents as Teachers or MOPS
- Art or cultural centers
- Doctors, dentists, urgent care, hospitals, and health clinics
- Where else do kids go? Dance class, karate, baseball, the park, the pool, the bus stop, etc.
A connection can lead to a future program, funding opportunities, and beyond! Take the time to send out an email discussing what you do for the community and how you think it can match what they do!
Who did you connect with? Make any future plans? Make sure to come back and share with us! There are so many ways you can share:
- Simply comment to this post!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet it out using #storytimechallenge
- Do you have a kick-ass blog? Share your challenge story there and send us the link!
There is no concrete timeline for you to complete the challenges and they will always remain open.
We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish!