Our local chapters are growing and thriving, but it’s time to add even more! Could you be a chapter leader? Find out more by reading below.
— — — — —
Do you work with children in a public library?
Are you a positive user of the SU community who is passionate about our mission?
Do you have energy and creativity for recruiting members, organizing events, and staying in touch with your group?
This volunteer position will require around one hour of your time each week and may also require travel to locations closer to members of your group. You will be responsible for the following:
- Answering emails and inquiries from your members in a timely manner (within two weeks at most).
- Reaching out through local associations, listservs and groups, and established connections with your peers to recruit and maintain members.
- Leading friendly conversations to help members share resources in your group.
- Listening to feedback and advising on planning get-togethers.
- Attending get-togethers and helping members connect in person.
The perks of being a local chapter leader are these:
- It’s a way to show leadership and a concern for professional development.
- You’ll develop new friendships and connections with like-minded peers.
- Sharing resources can mean that your work life gets easier.
Also, it basically makes you a mini-joint chief and a trusted ambassador to your local professionals.
With that in mind, we, the Joint Chiefs, have a big responsibility in choosing local chapter leaders. If you’re interested in taking on this role, please email us with responses to the following questions to help us decide if you’re the right fit. Keep in mind that not all applicants may be chosen, but we will consider carefully. Thanks for your interest, regardless!
- Please briefly describe your experience working with children in a public library.
- List three ways that you plan to connect with your peers and recruit members.
- Tell us why you’d like to be a local chapter leader.
storytimeunderground at gmail dot com