It’s a Wednesday morning and you’re just sitting down at your desk when you supervisor appears. She informs you that a teammate will be out sick and she needs you to cover her storytime. This week the families are expecting a storytime on bugs, but your teammate’s notes make no sense. You have one hour to come up with activities to go with her books. What will you do?
Hit up these resources!
When you need content to go with a theme:
- Storytime Katie. All day, every day. Here’s a list of her themes, which include very nearly everything under the sun. I love the way she describes how the storytimes went.
- Perry Public Library. They have a huge list of themes that include suggestions for books, songs, activities, and even literacy tips.
- Sunflower Storytimes. Another enormous index of storytime plans according to themes. They’re super detailed with links to content and music suggestions.
- Jbrary. Of course, Jbrary. Here are a ton of songs and rhymes ready to use and organized into themed playlists.
- Verona Story Time. A good place to find appropriate music and crafts.
Between these five resources, you should be able to come to the rescue in style.