At ALA Annual this year, we held our first ever preconference on diversity, inclusion and social justice for youth services and libraries and it was AMAZING. We spent the entire day discussing, brain storming and sharing strategies and resources on how to make our libraries more inclusive and how to actively promote kindness, understanding and compassion. We’re hoping that this will be the first of many preconferences to come!
These are a little late getting sent out, but here are the links to access all the resources that were shared at the event. This includes:
- Storytime Saves the World Keynote (PowerPoint)
- Recording of the Storytime Saves the World Keynote (YouTube, quality is a not the greatest, it’s best to follow along with the slides while watching)
- Libraries Are For Everyone Display Panels (Publisher)
- Libraries Are For Everyone Banner (Publisher)
- Random Acts of Kindness Display Graphic (Publisher)
- Random Acts of Kindness Cards (Word)
- Random Acts of Kindness Overview (Word)
If you have any questions about anything, please email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to help out! Thank you and an extra thanks to everyone who was able to attend, we hope you had as wonderful of a time as we did!