Being a kickass youth services librarian and advocate can be tiring, which means we can’t always dedicate the time we want to finding new and meaningful advocacy resources. Fear not! The Storytime Underground is here to help stock your advocacy toolbox.
Each of the following posts gives you a quick recap of an excellent advocacy resource, complete with takeaway talking points and links to the source.
Check back often, as we’re adding more resources all the time!
In the Advocacy Toolbox:
- Bouncing Babies by Laura K. Cirelli, Kathleen M. Einarson and Laurel Trainor
- Bringing Books to Life by Jamie Chamberlin
- Early Childhood Investigations Webinars
- Early Intervention and Child Development Milestones
- Everyday Advocacy from ALSC
- Harvard Center on the Developing Child
- Reach Out and Read
- Recursos en español
- Screen Time and Media Mentorship
- We Need Diverse Books
- Zero to Three Baby Brain Map